Thanks so much to ATRAGER (Arielle) for nominating us for the Liebster Award! It’s an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers). It’s very exciting to be nominated, and in turn to nominate 11 others!
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOU.
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF YOU (BY THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU).
- NOMINATE 11 OTHER BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD AND LINK TO THEIR BLOGS.
- NOTIFY THE BLOGGERS OF THEIR AWARD.
- ASK THE AWARD WINNERS 11 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER ONCE THEY ACCEPT THE AWARD.
11 FACTS ABOUT US:
1. Melissa (M): I have just started my own business.
Luke (L): I am a human encyclopedia in pop culture.
2. M: I adore all things Jane Austen.
L: I adore music—especially Demi Lovato (she’s inspiring and awesome).
3. M: My dog Coop is my favourite creature in the whole world.
L: I would love to be a singer!
4. M: My favourite colour is pink (I drive a pink car).
L: My favourite colour is turquoise.
5. M: I love Dolly Parton.
L: My favourite book genres are urban fantasy and dystopia
6. M: I’m proud to be a Kiwi (New Zealander).
L: I love to write (of course).
7. M: I haven’t yet travelled passed Australia.
L: I’d like to go to L.A. one day.
8. M: My dream is to make a living from my writing.
L: I’m a cat and dog lover!
9. M: My favourite style icon/fashionista is Jessica Alba.
L: Whitcoulls (book store) is my favourite store.
10. M: I’m always up for a Harry Potter marathon.
L: One of my most favourite TV shows is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
11. M: Vin Diesel, Will Smith, and The Rock are my top three guys.
L: I have a huge crush on Delta Goodrem.
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS POSED BY ATRAGER:
- What’s the last song you listened to?
M: “If That’s What it Takes,” Celine Dion. L: “Made in the USA,” Demi Lovato
- Why did you start your blog?
M: I just wanted to write! L: Me too!
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- What’s your favourite place that you’ve travelled to?
M: Anywhere green, off-road in NZ. L: The Rotary Walkway in Auckland
- Advice for other bloggers?
M: Write about what you love—reading and writing are prominent in my life, I think, breath and dream about these things—it makes it easy to put time into it. L: Couldn’t say it better.
- Never have I ever ____
Both: Crossed over to the Northern Hemisphere.
- Do you always match you socks?
M: Yes! I don’t think I could survive knowing they were unmatched. L: Of course!
- What’s one quote you really like? Inspiration or otherwise
M: “What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.” ~Unknown L: “When I’m sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” ~Barney Stinson (played by Neil Patrick Harris) in How I Met Your Mother
- What do you want to be remembered by?
M: Those who I loved and our relationship. L: Same!
- Do you believe in love?
M: Yes! It is vital! L: Totally. How can I not?
- When was the last time you called someone on the phone?
M: Yesterday. L: A couple of weeks ago.
11 QUESTIONS FOR OUR NOMINEES
- What is the last classic novel you’ve read?
- What is your best accomplishment so far?
- Sweet or savoury?
- Who is your favourite artist/singer?
- Which country have you always wanted to go to?
- What is your favourite book?
- What inspires your blog posts?
- How do you gather data to use on your blog?
- What’s your favourite social media tool?
- Cat or dog person?
- If you had to cast a scene entitled “Uncomfortable dinner party,” what three people would you cast?